We are currently recruiting for the role of Credit Control Officer to support our growth ambitions, and form part of the management team.
This is a unique role requiring a methodical individual with excellent communication and organisational skills, combined with an ability to use initiative.
This is a part-time role with flexibility available around working hours. A full-time position can also be offered by combining this role with other duties.
As the Credit Control Officer you will report to the CEO and will be responsible for:
- Carrying out credit control duties in accordance with Credit Control Policy;
- Implementing appropriate proactive strategies relating to arrears collection, loan re-scheduling, write-offs, etc;
- Applying and maintaining appropriate provisioning standards, in accordance with Provisioning Policy and regulatory guidelines, including carrying out regular in-depth loan book reviews;
- Providing support and input to the Credit Control Committee as required;
- Leading and managing credit union interactions with members in arrears, 3rd party debt collection agencies and legal advisors in the area of bad debt as required;
- Carrying out ongoing reviews of credit control and provisioning policies and procedures, proposing and implementing change as necessary.
The ideal individual for this role will have the following attributes and experience:
- A strong grounding in the credit union sector is preferable, however candidates with credit control experience in the financial services sector will be considered, preferably with a minimum of 5+ years’ experience;
- Prior working experience and a proven track record in credit control work in a credit union or financial services environment;
- Good working understanding of the Progress system, or similar, is essential;
- A professional business-related qualification, or working towards a relevant similar qualification, is desirable, but not essential.
Applications or queries should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than the closing deadline of 5pm on Friday 13th May 2022.
Mulcair Credit Union is an equal opportunities employer.